The entire Lumi line uses hemp oil known for its excellent skin care benefits.
Most of the ingredients have been eco-certified, i.e., they have been produced without using synthetic fertilisers or pesticides and are processed as little as possible.
LUMI guarantees that our products contain no parabens, mineral/ silicone oils, or any other petroleum products as well as no synthetic fragrances, colourings, or preservatives. All LUMI creams and lotions have a pH value of 5.0 suitable for the skin.
The Effect Hemp Seed Oil Has on the Skin
Hemp seed oil is a valuable source of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids, phytosterols, vitamins, chlorophyll, and a rare source of Omega-6 gamma-linolenic acid – ultra-high fatty acid content has a positive effect on the skin and relieves allergic reactions.
Cosmetic products that contain hemp seed oil have soothing and restorative effects; essential fatty acids increase the elasticity of the skin and help it retain moisture that we lose daily as a result of UV exposure, dry air, and use of cleansers. Skin care products containing hemp seed oil are ideal for kids as well as for people with gentle, sensitive, and problematic skin. Hemp seed oil also acts as UV protection– the sun protection factor (SPF) of hemp seed oil is 6.
Naturally Active Ingredients Found in LUMI Products
All LUMI products contain bioactive substances that have significant effect on Your skin:
• hyaluronic acid (HA) – is one of the most important macromolecules of the human body and is absolutely vital to the creation and maintenance of healthy skin. HA is surrounding our skin cells and is able to bind thousands of times its molecular weight in water; in essence it is our skin’s natural water retention complex. HA is allergy-free, does not irritate the skin, helps to protect the skin from UV-light.
• lactic acid (LA) – our body’s natural skin moisturizer making it ideal for individuals wishing to avoid over-drying and skin dehydration. Being natural to the human body, LA dramatically improves the results of the products. LA gently exfoliates the outer layer of skin, helping to reveal a softer, younger and vibrant looking complexion, and speeding up the rate of cell turnover. Lactic acid is superior to all other AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) at increasing hyaluronic acid deposition in the skin, and therefore is the AHA of choice for increasing the skin’s natural moisture content, critical in the treatment of aging skin. In the deeper layers, beneath the skin’s surface, new collagen and elastin will be stimulated and the skin will actually become thicker, tighter and more firm. LA is marketed as a powerful ingredient that helps reduce acne breakouts. Important to keep the right PH-level balance.
• vitamin E – helps to neutralize harmful free radicals by protecting and strengthening cell membrans and extending cells life span. E-vitamin improves oxygen metabolism of skin cells and encourages agents absorption. In skin care products E-vitamin helps to avoid skins aging, it smooths and softens skins texture. Also acts as preservative in natural skin care.
• patented moisturizing complex that according to studies significantly improves the skin
moisture content with strong benefits found after 2 weeks of application. After an application period of 4 weeks the skin hydration increases by approximately 80% related to the vehicle. The effect even stays for a minimum of 4 days after the end of the treatment without any further application of the tested formulation. In addition, the complex improves the elasticity of the skin and smoothness of the skin by reducing the amount of old skin scales. As a consequence the skin’s appearance becomes softer.
• Wild mallow extract* – natural moisturizing and soothing of sensitive skin
• Ribwort plantain extract* – Collagen regeneration performance for anti-aging care –the natural collagen booster.
• Buddleja extract* – Natural DNA bodyguard and skin regenerator.
• Scullcap extract* – Wellness for illuminating happy skin, supported by in vitro increased β-endorphin and skin lipids synthesis.
• Edelweiss extract* – Swiss Alpine antioxidant and radical scavenger, that helps
to prevent oxidative stress in the skin.
• Elderberry extract* – Natural astringent solution for skin fitness, through in vitro
proven reduction of VEGF biosynthesis.
• Masterwort extract* – Natural reepithelialization care, supported by in vitro proven accelerated wound healing activity.
• Cistus incanus´e extract–
1. Provides DNA protection
2. Possesses strong anti-oxidative efficacy
3. Exhibits anti-inflammatory effects
4. Delivers daylight defense
5. Protects from environmental stress
• Royal Jelly – improves the metabolism of skin tissue. Royal Jelly is a complex mixture of flower nectar, sugars, proteins, vitamins, and bee glandular secretions made by worker bees primarily for developing and maintaining the queen bee. It supplies all the B-vitamins, vitamins A, C, D, E & K, more than a dozen key minerals. 18 amino acids, and other important constituents, including nucleic acids.
• Sea Buckthorn oil – high content of fat soluble vitamins (A, E) and nutrients (EFAs, phytosterols, antioxidants, carotenes) make Sea Buckthorn an indispensable ingredient in restorative, anti-aging and revitalizing skin care. Sea Buckthorn oil effectively helps combat symptoms of malnourished or prematurely aging skin. Natural antioxidants and essential fatty acids help reverse damaging effects of sun radiation and minimize long term effects of sun exposure, like wrinkles, dryness, dark spots, reduce skin inflammation, promote natural skin restorative processes. The oil is well tolerated by any type of skin and provide long term anti-inflammatory, restorative and revitalizing action.
• Rosehip oil* – contains significant amount of vitamin A, linoleic acid (omega- 6 fatty acid) which can play a role in the structure of the membranes of the cells, oleic acid (omega-9 fatty acid) which is considered as keeping skin supple and moist, linolenic acid (omega-3 fatty acid) is a good skin moisturiser, antioxidants, beta-carotene, lycopene and vitamin C, which are important for protection from free radical damage natural antioxidants. Rosehip oil also cleans and invigorates the skin, helps to keep the right PH-balance of the skin.
• Camellia oil* has outstanding moisture and emollient properties and it is one of the lightest and fast absorbent plant oils. It penetrates skin as fast as water, leaving it supple and hydrated. The oil contains mono-saturated essential fatty acids and very high in oleic acid (omega 9 fatty acid). Camellia oil contains vitamins, A, B, and E and one of the most precious constituent for skin such as phytosqualene. Squalene is a natural component of human sebum. With age the deficiency of squalene results in dry skin, premature aging and wrinkles.
• Grape seed oil* – natural astringent and skin moisturizer, linoleic acid helps to strengthen cell membranes and improve skin health generally. The oil also has a considerable amount of flavonoids and antioxidants, it can prevent the pores from clogging. Natural protector from UV-light.
• Apricot kernel seed oil* – rich in fatty acids and vitamins A, C and E that are important in preventing premature aging and wrinkles.
• Safflower oil* – acts as a protective barrier to prevent water from leaving your skin and thus is a perfect moisturizer. Safflower oil is reach in linoleic acid (almost 79 percent), an essential fatty acid that offers many benefits for skin, including maintenance of cell membrane integrity. Linoleic acid is also an important carrier of vitamins A, D, K, and especially vitamin E.
• Unrefined shea butter – rich in essential fatty acids, phytosterols, vitamin E and D, provitamin A and allantoin. Shea butter activetes skin operations, stimulates collagen production, has skin protecting, regenerating and repairing effect.
*certified organic ingredient