Meet LUMI MEN skincare products, a true power of nature with masculine freshness! Be sure to let your gentlemen know about it!
Traditionally, all LUMI products are UNISEX, designed for men and women. #lumiexperience
Let’s go over the specifics of men’s skincare and offer recommendations from LUMI’s skin experts. You will find out the following:
- What to consider when cleansing your skin and shaving.
- How to choose a moisturizer.
- How to treat ingrown hairs.
Understanding male skin
There is a strong connection between skin health and general health. The skin is the largest human organ, and it protects us from the harmful effects of the environment, such as UV radiation, pathogens, and chemicals. The skin’s functions are similar, regardless of gender. Still, gender, individual habits, and skin condition are important when choosing the best skincare routine.
- Men’s skin is 20% thicker than women’s, and it does not loosen so quickly with age and is usually less sensitive.
- The average man shaves 16,000 times in his life.
- Shaving and using products containing alcohol cause dry skin, irritation, and premature aging.
- Dry skin can also lead to skin inflammations or eczema.
- Men have more active sebaceous glands, and sebum production is more intense until the age of 50 because of testosterone. Sebum protects the skin from aging but can also cause problems with acne and pimples.
- Skincare is different: men usually pay little attention to skincare. Middle-aged men may notice that skin produces less sebum (helps moisturize and protect the skin), and skin gets older and thinner. If you look at middle-aged couples, it is usually obvious whether they both use face creams or the man does not.
How to get started with a skincare routine as a man?
Cleaning your face should not leave you feeling dry. The complexion should be clear but not feel tight. Look for products with hydrating ingredients like vegetable oils or hyaluronic acid and exfoliating agents like lactic acid. Cleansing your face should remove dead skin cells to avoid clogged pores. Dead skin cells are like lids on the pores. And it causes pimples, comedones (blackheads), and ingrown hairs.
Depending on the skin type, we recommend moisturising cleansing milk for dry, normal, or combination skin. Or Tundra AHA-BHA cleansing milkfor problematic, acne-prone skin, inflamed skin, and skin with ingrown hairs.
Using cleansing milk is simple, quick, and convenient, similar to liquid soap. Press a few pumps of the product on your hands, then massage the milk on your face and rinse with lukewarm water. Although cleaning your face twice a day is ideal, you can use it only in the evenings too.
To prevent skin problems, use LUMI cleansing milk as a deep cleansing mask keeping it on your face for 5 minutes once or twice a week.
It is possible to shave without irritating the skin!
Remember, shave after cleansing your face because warm water and cleansing milk soften the skin and make shaving gentler.
Too hot shaving water can cause irritation, redness, and dryness. Shave in the direction of hair growth to prevent ingrown hair.
If shaving in the opposite direction is unavoidable, do so as slowly and gently as possible. Remember to rinse the razor well and replace the blade regularly. Shaving with a shaver or trimming a three-day beard can also irritate your skin, so keep in mind these guidelines.
Why prefer an alcohol-free aftershave?
For decades, men have been taught to use a cologne after shaving. It contains perfume, alcohol, and other harmful ingredients that irritate the skin and cause dryness and make the skin lose its natural balance. If you are using aftershave, we recommend TUNDRA Yarrow mist with salicylic acid and Aftershave toner for MEN, which are both natural, anti-inflammatory, and non-irritating, and will keep your skin healthy and complexion clear.
Here it is – the ONE multifunctional skincare product for every man’s bathroom! The golden trio of mint, juniper, and hemp. This combination says goodbye to itching, tingling, and redness and welcomes irritation-free moisturized skin.
Should you use an aftershave toner?
Dry, rough skin is not a sign of masculinity – this skin condition worsens over time. Fortunately, it is easy to improve this condition! LUMI MEN aftershave toner helps to restore the skin’s youthfulness and masculine strength.
The high-quality ingredients prevent skin irritation caused by shaving.
- The antibacterial MINT cools down, refreshes, and gives energy. Relieves itching after shaving and is suitable for taking care of skin prone to acne.
- Cleansing JUNIPER helps to regenerate the skin and reduce sebum. Promotes skin microcirculation and helps prevent swelling and bags under the eyes.
- Pore-shrinking HEMP hydrosol moisturizes the skin and reduces irritation.
- PRO-VITAMIN B5 cools down reddened skin.
- BIOACTIVE COMPOUNDS bind moisture and fight dryness.
- PREBIOTICS and a suitable pH level create a hostile environment for bacteria growth on the skin.
- RED ALGAE cleanses and moisturizes while strengthening the skin’s protective barrier.
The versatile toner is easy to use.
Create your daily skincare routine as you like.
- Use the toner as a moisturizer after shaving.
- Use the toner as a refresher to replace a face cream (in the morning and evening).
- Offer extra nourishment to your skin cells by continuing the treatment with the MEN moisturizing cream.
Men need creams as well!
Shaving (with a razor or a shaving machine) irritates the skin. Use a face cream suitable for your skin type. In addition to hydrating, moisturizing cream acts as a tissue softener and helps to prevent ingrown hair.
For normal skin type, we recommend day cream with antioxidants – it absorbs fast but moisturizes efficiently and has a mattifying effect thanks to natural cellulose.
If your skin is dry or sensitive, we recommend using a deep moisturizing multiplant face cream once or twice a day. The patented hydration complex moisturizes for a long time, panthenol calms, and hemp seed oil is restorative, supplying essential nutrients and vitamins.
We recommend Tundra AHA-BHA moisturizing cream for problematic skin with inflammations and acne. Its anti-acne complex regulates sebum production, while natural AHA and BHA acids, and linoleic acid, prevent clogging.
This light cream does not clog pores. It moisturizes and smoothes deeply, does not irritate, and does not make the skin feel heavy. The cream is rich in nutrients. Get a boost of vitality from hemp oil, cannabinoids, and algae. It is gentle but strong – like a real man!
The multifunctional cream has the following qualities:
The high-quality ingredients include:
- Balanced AHA acids remove dead skin cells without irritation and make skin look more youthful.
- Prebiotics create a suitable pH level for the skin and an unsuitable environment for the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Hemp oil and cannabinoids control sebum production, soothe irritations and stimulate the recovery of the skin’s protective layer.
- Proteins, vitamins, and antioxidants in red algae keep the skin nourished and moisturized. Helps to protect against UV radiation and slows down the formation of wrinkles.
- PGA and hyaluronic acid are a match made in heaven. They hydrate all layers of the skin.
With regular use:
- Balances skin microflora.
- Hydrates the skin and smoothes the complexion.
- Makes the skin more elastic and softer.
How to use the cream?
The moisturizer is suitable for all skin types. And it can be used in the mornings and evenings, as you like. Just pump a small handful of cream and enjoy the instant freshness – perfect for using after LUMI MEN aftershave.
Reminder for men
Dry skin is a common problem in our Nordic climate. Particularly during the winter heating season. What can you do to feel good in your own skin?
Hydrate your skin with natural oil or cream after washing it. Remember that excessive washing and strong washing detergents irritate and dry your skin. We recommend adding a drop of universal body oil to your shower gel to help protect and restore the skin.
Important to remember
LUMI products are unique – natural, fresh, and minimally processed, so please protect them from direct sunlight. The products remain best for your skin for up to three months after opening. If you take a break from use, store the product in a fridge to slightly extend the shelf life. The fresher, the better!
Let’s do good together and protect the environment! Read our recycling ♻️ guide HERE and take the empty packaging to a collection container for recycling.